Our 2020 grant finalists have been named! The ten finalists were selected from 33 applications reviewed by the Focus Groups over the past several weeks. Each nonprofit proposal went through a rigorous evaluation process including virtual site visits, meeting key agency contacts remotely, financial analysis, and evaluation of organizational strengths. Health and safety considerations surrounding COVID-19 and how the project would work in that context were also part of the review process this year.
The 2020 Impact 100 Baldwin County grant finalists and their projects are:
Arts, Culture & Recreation
- Eastern Shore Art Association: ESAC Academy Entry Update & Studio Revamp
- Mobile Symphony: Baldwin Orchestral Concerts & Outreach Performances
- Baldwin Pops: Seeding the Sound of Music
- Exploreum Science Center: Science to Go – Baldwin County
Environment & Preservation
- Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo Foundation: Help Us Hear and Learn at the Zoo
- Safe Harbor Animal Coalition: Safe Harbor Spay and Neuter Facility
- Family Promise of Baldwin County: Homeless No More
- Mary’s Shelter: Mary’s Shelter Thrift Store
Health & Wellness
- American Heart Association: CPR for All – Countywide CPR Training Initiative
- Hope Center Counseling: Expanding Hope
Five of these finalists will each receive a $90,000 grant at the Annual Grant Awards event, scheduled for Tuesday, October 27. For health and safety reasons, the event will be virtual. It will include prerecorded and live segments including the announcement of the recipients. This year, the two finalists from each focus area will record a brief video presentation which will be available to Impact women. Members will review background information and watch the videos — then vote to select the five grant recipients. The announcement will be live streamed with real-time reaction shots from the grant recipients as they are named.