IMPACT 100 Baldwin County will accept proposals for funding from entities recognized as tax-exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Applicant organizations need not be based in Baldwin County, but the proposed project or capital endeavor must be implemented in Baldwin County and primarily serve the residents of Baldwin County.
The project may be a capital project, new program, an expansion of an existing program, or a collaborative effort of several agencies. Applicants may not request funding for any of the following activities or expenditures:
• General operating expenses or overhead
Items of an operating or overhead nature may be requested if applicable to the new initiative or project to be funded by IMPACT 100.
• Debt reduction or operational deficits • Grants to individuals
• Endowment funding
• Interim or bridge funding
• Partisan, legislative, or political activity
• Fees paid to a grant writer
• Capital improvements or renovations to property for the grant project where the organization does not own or have at least a five-year lease or written agreement
• Projects of individual churches, religious organizations or bodies of worship that are intended to benefit only their specific denominations or congregations, or are exclusive with respect to others of differing beliefs
• Faith-based projects/programs which require participation in activities of a particular faith, denomination or religion in order to benefit from the project or program
∗ Benefits of the project or program must be available to any person, regardless of religious beliefs or practices.
∗ Benefits of the project or program must not be dependent on any person being required to participate in any religious activity, ceremony